Skip to main content

Popsugar Challenge Not Quite Completed

Hello Lovelies!! Perhaps you remember at the beginning of 2015 this little graphic going around the internet (or I posted about it here on my blog): 



Well I didn't quite finish the list, but here's what I read for each category.

1. A book with more than 500 pages: The Diviners by Libba Bray

2. A classic romance: Persuasion by Jane Austen

3. A book that became a movie: The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (READ THE BOOK SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE MOVIE)

4. A book published this year: Fairest by Marissa Meyer

5. A book with a number in the title: Four Seconds to Lose by K.A. Tucker

6. A book written by someone under 30: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

7. A book with nonhuman characters: Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo

8. A funny book: Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman

9. A book by a female author: The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma

10.  A mystery or thriller: Charlie, Presumed Dead by Anne Hetzel

11. A book with a one word title: Ticker by Lisa Mantchev 

12. A book with short stories:  (Started Slasher Girls & Monster Boys by April Genevieve Tulcholke but didn't finish it -- and I can't even finish it today because I left it 2500 miles away.)

13. A book set in a different country: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

14. A non-fiction book: The Radioactive Boy Scout by Ken Silverstein

15. A popular author's first book: Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo

16. A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet: Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen

17. A book a friend recommended: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

18. A Pulitzer Prize winning novel: (I don't care about the Pulitzers so I never even found one for this category...oops.)

19. A book based on a true story: The Circus Fire by Stewart O'Nan

20. A book at the bottom of your TBR list: Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia

21. A book your mom loves:  (Started Phantom by Susan Kay for this one, but I put it on-pause because I had to return it to the library.)

22. A book that scares you: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

23. A book more than a 100 years old: Five Children and It by E. Nesbit

24. A book based entirely on its cover: Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis

25. A book you were supposed to read in school and didn't:  (I never didn't read a book in school, so I used one that a lot of people read when they were younger but I somehow missed) Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien

26. A memoir: Blankets by Craig Thompson

27. A book with antonyms in the title: Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman

28. A book you can finish in a day: Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

29.  A book set somewhere you've always wanted to go: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (London)

30. A book published the year you were born: Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

31. A book with bad reviews: Hunter by Mercedes Lackey

32. A Trilogy:  The Hunt Trilogy by Tamora Pierce

33. A book from your childhood: Harry Potter

34. A book with a love triangle:  Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

35. A book set in the future:  The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson

36. A book set in high school: Liar by Justine Larbalestier

37. A book with a color in the title: Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop

38. A book that made you cry: Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
 

39. A book with magic:  Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

40. A graphic novel: The Wrenchies by Farel Dalrymple
 

41. A book by an author you've never read before:  Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski

42.  A book you own but never read:  Graceling by Kristin Cashore

43. A book that takes place in your hometown: (There are like 0 books that take place in my hometown, so I was going with the state as a whole--MT-- and started The Miseducation of Cameron Post, but my library ebook expired. 2016 Read for sure!!)

44. A book that was originally written in another language: (While some of mine were originally published outside the US, I didn't read one that was originally non-English)

45. A book set during Christmas: The Viscount's Christmas Temptation by Erica Ridley

46. A book by an author who had your same initials:  White Cat by Holly Black

47. A play: Poker, A Short Play by Zora Neale Hurston

48.  A banned book:  Fade by Robert Cormier

49. A book based on or turned into a tv show: The Wicked and the Divine

 50.  A book you started but never finished: The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart

So close!! 45/50 isn't too shabby. If they do a 2016 one, I'll definitely be trying again! What about you, lovelies? Did you try the Popsugar 2015 Reading Challenge? Did you finish it? Did we read any of the same books? Let me know in the comments!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hello lovelies. I'm feeling super overwhelmed by life since I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo and trying to move and find a place to live 2600 miles away. So that's my excuse for missing last week. But now you get two weeks in a row. So this week's theme (hosted as always by The Broke and the Bookish ) is... Top Ten Favorite Movies   (And I picked Scary Movies) I have a secret. Or I guess I had a secret. And that secret is that I love  scary movies. Like anything that plays on gross special effects or melting walls or sudden appearances--I'm totally down for it. (This has only back fired on me once--when I had a panic attack watching Saw 2--I don't wanna talk about it...) So in no particular order, movies that really impressed me with their scare factors: 1. Thir13een Ghosts -- there's this scene with a glass door that is ingrained in my brain.  2. Haunting in Conneticut -- aw man, this movie is sooo good. I actu

Why Should I Trust You?

Hello Lovelies!! It's my finals week, so I'm going to make this one quick.  This week's Top Ten Tuesday (by the Broke and the Bookish ) allows us to fill in the blank! So I will be bringing you... The Top Ten Books with Characters Who are Unreliable Narrators (AKA BIG OL' LIARS). I love unreliable narrators because you never know if they're actually being unreliable or not. Occasionally they tell the truth, but occasionally they lie. So here we go... 1. Nothing by Janne Teller 2. Liar by Justine Larbalestier 3. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman 4. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta 5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 6. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 8. The Princess Bride by William Goldman 9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas 10. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Many of these books feature the unreliable characters as side characters and not main charac

More Diversity in Your Book Diet

Hello Lovelies! As usual Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish . Today's topic is Top Ten Books for People Who Like X, and I'm going to go with... Top Ten Books for People Who Like Diversity Thanks to the efforts of groups like We Need Diverse Books, diversity is having a resurgence in young adult and children's books. For the last couple years, I have been trying to read more books with diverse characters or by diverse authors. (Diverse in this respect includes race, sexuality, gender, and disability). I haven't endeavored to challenge myself to only read a certain type of book i.e. only those by women of color or anything that isn't by a white heterosexual male, but I try to be extra aware of the characters and ask myself if they actually are white (sometimes the text doesn't say it, sometimes people just assume it!) and if being white is necessary for the character or not.  But here are my top t