Skip to main content

It's been a year

Note: The survey is for books you read throughout the year, no matter when they were published, and is not limited to just books that came out in 2017!!

Number Of Books You Read: 150 (!!! Met my personal goal!)
Number of Re-Reads: 4
Genre You Read The Most From: Manga and Graphic Novels probably


1. Best Book You Read In 2017?

This is hard because I was lucky to read a lot of amazing books this year. Probably either Long Way Down, My Friend Dahmer, Six of Crows, or A Court of Thorns and Roses

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Probably Asylum or Out of the Easy. I was excited to read both of them, and they were both sort of let-downs for me.

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

Hmmm, maybe The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis.

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

 A Court of Thorns and Roses  or Six of Crows.

 5. Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?

 Series: Six of Crows or A Court of Thorns and Roses haha I really loved both of those
Sequel: I continued loving the Others series with Etched in Bone and Before the Devil Breaks You almost broke me.
Best Series Enders: V.E. Schwab killed it with A Conjuring of Light but I'm also obsessed with Crooked Kingdom.

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?

 I really loved Mindy McGinnis's writing style. 

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

 I got really into Manga this year because I took over that section at my library job. I'm particularly into Kimi Ni Todoke.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

 Hmmm probably A Court of Mist and Fury or Crooked Kingdom.

 9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

 Oh my gosh, there are so many. Obviously A Court of Thorns and Roses and Six of Crows really stuck with me. I reread Written in Red and I'll probably reread that one again. 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?

 Image result for we have always lived in the castle

11. Most memorable character of 2017?

 I spend a lot of time thinking about Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows. Also weirdly, Dahmer from My Friend Dahmer.

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?

 I really liked Uprooted and The Female of the Species, but also The Miseducation of Cameron Post was the first book to really capture what Montana is like for me.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?

 I'm not sure if it was life-changing but I spend a lot of time thinking about (and being unsettled by) My Friend Dahmer.

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read? 

 A Court ofThorns and Roses for sure! I'd been meaning to for awhile, and it was recommended to me by a friend, and it still took me forever to read it!

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?

I am literally the worst at writing down quotes, but I think a lot of the line by Kaz Brekker in Six of Crows "When everyone knows you're a monster, you needn't waste time doing every monstrous thing."

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?

Longest: A Court of Wings and Ruin at 699 pages
Shortest: Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Secret House of the Night of Dread Desire at 48 pages.

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Hmm. Either Crooked Kingdom or The Female of the Species

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Kaz and Inej
Feyre and Rhysand

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

The whole Diviners crew

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Upside of Unrequited or A Court of Thorns and Roses

21. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Probably Mistborn.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?

Rhysand or Kaz probably

23. Best 2017 debut you read?

The Hate U Give without a doubt.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

I feel like I read a lot of books with excellent settings, but since I've said A Court of Thorns and Roses and Six of Crows for everything else, probably Mistborn.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Hilo: the Boy who Crashed to Earth I could not stop laughing reading this book!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?

October Mourning. I was bawling.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

I feel like The Pearl Thief isn't getting as much love as it deserves.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Maybe A Court of Mist and Fury or Strange the Dreamer

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?

Probably Strange the Dreamer.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

The Female of the Species without a doubt. I loved it. I was so angry when I finished it.

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?

I didn't really look at many blogs this year! Goal for next year: have an answer to this question!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?

I let my blog languish this year and only wrote 6 reviews on it. On Goodreads I did a bit better, so maybe The Upside of Unrequited.

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

Literally none -ashamed-

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I got to see V.E. Schwab and Madeline Roux in Bozeman, MT which was a surprise! It was a great talk too.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?

Probably seeing V.E. Schwab.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

I did not blog at all this year basically. I want to get back into it next year.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

My review of Exit, Pursued by a Bear by views.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Any of them? Although if you don't give love, you don't get love, so I guess that's on me.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

I didn't really discover much this year. Maybe manga in general? It wasn't a total discovery, but I reached a new level of appreciation for the genre.

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Yes! 150 books!

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?

I mean, I always have a giant to-read list, but I have literally already started Les Miserables, The Name of the Wind, and Year One.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?

Lake Silence sort of. 

3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

maybe Miles Away From You by A.B. Rutledge

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?

well A Court of Frost and Starlight, also the next Throne of Glass book. 

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?

Read 175 books!

6. A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):

None yet!

If you could, I’d love you to leave some feedback for any questions you’d LIKE to see on this survey in the future that perhaps I don’t have on here!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hello lovelies. I'm feeling super overwhelmed by life since I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo and trying to move and find a place to live 2600 miles away. So that's my excuse for missing last week. But now you get two weeks in a row. So this week's theme (hosted as always by The Broke and the Bookish ) is... Top Ten Favorite Movies   (And I picked Scary Movies) I have a secret. Or I guess I had a secret. And that secret is that I love  scary movies. Like anything that plays on gross special effects or melting walls or sudden appearances--I'm totally down for it. (This has only back fired on me once--when I had a panic attack watching Saw 2--I don't wanna talk about it...) So in no particular order, movies that really impressed me with their scare factors: 1. Thir13een Ghosts -- there's this scene with a glass door that is ingrained in my brain.  2. Haunting in Conneticut -- aw man, this movie is sooo good. I actu

Why Should I Trust You?

Hello Lovelies!! It's my finals week, so I'm going to make this one quick.  This week's Top Ten Tuesday (by the Broke and the Bookish ) allows us to fill in the blank! So I will be bringing you... The Top Ten Books with Characters Who are Unreliable Narrators (AKA BIG OL' LIARS). I love unreliable narrators because you never know if they're actually being unreliable or not. Occasionally they tell the truth, but occasionally they lie. So here we go... 1. Nothing by Janne Teller 2. Liar by Justine Larbalestier 3. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman 4. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta 5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 6. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 8. The Princess Bride by William Goldman 9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas 10. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Many of these books feature the unreliable characters as side characters and not main charac

More Diversity in Your Book Diet

Hello Lovelies! As usual Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish . Today's topic is Top Ten Books for People Who Like X, and I'm going to go with... Top Ten Books for People Who Like Diversity Thanks to the efforts of groups like We Need Diverse Books, diversity is having a resurgence in young adult and children's books. For the last couple years, I have been trying to read more books with diverse characters or by diverse authors. (Diverse in this respect includes race, sexuality, gender, and disability). I haven't endeavored to challenge myself to only read a certain type of book i.e. only those by women of color or anything that isn't by a white heterosexual male, but I try to be extra aware of the characters and ask myself if they actually are white (sometimes the text doesn't say it, sometimes people just assume it!) and if being white is necessary for the character or not.  But here are my top t