Sorry for the flood of posts today, Lovelies! I just have so much I want to talk about with 2015!!!
Last year for goal setting, I used a Top Ten Tuesday post. I'll recap each goal and tell you if I met them or not!
1. Comment on 5 blogs a week. Fail. I did okay for the first six months or so, but I petered out. I still try to keep commenting or at least looking at 5 blogs a week! But this will definitely be a 2016 Redo.
2. Get better at design. Ehhhhh. I don't know if I really met this goal, but I worked on it! So another 2016 Redo.
3. Write one review post and one discussion post a week. Fail. I definitely didn't come close to hitting this one. I think for 2016 I'm going to do One Review Post a Week and One Discussion Post a Month.
4. Finish any Dangling Series left from this year. Fail. I basically went the wrong direction with this one. So for 2016 Finish half of the series I have on my current "seriesly-finish-the-series" shelf. For those of you who are curious I have 28 on there and these are what they are
- Mortal Instruments
- Ten Tiny Breaths
- The Diviners
- The Darkest Minds
- Alvin Ho
- Pretty Little Liars
- Beautiful Disaster
- Vampire Academy
- If I Stay
- Throne of Glass
- The Giver
- The Curse Workers
- The Lunar Chronicles
- Octavian Nothing
- Shades of London
- Darker Shade of Magic
- The Others
- Akata Witch
- Alex & Ada
- Tir Alainn
- Enchanted Forest Chronicles
- Micah Grey
5. Read 150 books. Fail. I tried but I fell behind with classes. I got to 132. So...2016 Redo.
6. Read 1 book I own for every 1 new book. Ehhhh. I read 24 books I owned and 29 books I bought new (and 63 I borrowed). The books I borrowed were almost all for class or I would count them as a new book. So I call this one pretty well done. Read 1 for 1 in 2016.
7. Actually participate in a readathon. Fail. What blog should I follow to do this one? I definitely want this as a 2016 Redo.
8. Reread 15 books. SUCCESS!!!! I actually reread 21 books this year. I think about half of them were for class, but I'm still really excited that I met this goal. I think I'm going to lower it to Reread 5 books in 2016.
9. Work on culling. Ehhhhh. I'm trying to be good about it. But it's kind of hard to take used books to used bookstores in Boston. Gotta drag the bag on the subway and go out of my normal route to get here. I'm still keeping this on my list for a 2016 Redo.
10. Start a weekly thing! Ehhhhh. I actually started two new weekly things for my blog -- that aren't really that new or inventive (WCW and TBT) but I stopped actually doing them about half way through the year. I don't know that I loved them that much either. So Think of a new monthly thing to do.
What goals do you have for 2016?? Let me know in the comments! I don't think it's a bad thing to not meet a goal. It gives me a chance to try again. So here we go 2016, I'm coming for you.