Skip to main content

Hello Lovelies!! Today we're getting into the Halloween spirit (ah! punny!!) with this top ten Tuesday from the Broke and the Bookish.  

Top Ten Books / Movies to Gear Up for Halloween!

Every Halloween I watch a handful of movies:

1. Hocus Pocus : This one's obvious. I'm a product of the 90s, I just can't go a year without it.
2. Practical Magic: I'm OBSESSED with this movie. I definitely tried to cast a love spell when I saw it when I was like seven or eight, but I figured I didn't know the words to say with it.
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas : Perfect for Halloween AND Christmas!!
4. Paranorman: So underrated!! Check it out if you haven't yet!
5. The Haunting in Conneticut : Perfect for when you want to actually be scared by a movie.

And a few books that I've read recently/think would be good to read around Halloween/or am planning to read ASAP:
6. Don't Look Back: Creepy mystery!
7. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender : Halloween costume ideas!!
8. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer : Super creepy!!
9. Welcome to the Darkhouse : Like reading a scary movie
10. Asylum : This looks so creepy!!

What about you lovelies?? Any yearly Halloween traditions? I'm a big fan of the holiday and related things (i.e. ghosts, vampires, werewolves, pumpkins, costumes). Leave me a comment with your favorite Halloween related thing!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hello lovelies. I'm feeling super overwhelmed by life since I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo and trying to move and find a place to live 2600 miles away. So that's my excuse for missing last week. But now you get two weeks in a row. So this week's theme (hosted as always by The Broke and the Bookish ) is... Top Ten Favorite Movies   (And I picked Scary Movies) I have a secret. Or I guess I had a secret. And that secret is that I love  scary movies. Like anything that plays on gross special effects or melting walls or sudden appearances--I'm totally down for it. (This has only back fired on me once--when I had a panic attack watching Saw 2--I don't wanna talk about it...) So in no particular order, movies that really impressed me with their scare factors: 1. Thir13een Ghosts -- there's this scene with a glass door that is ingrained in my brain.  2. Haunting in Conneticut -- aw man, this movie is sooo good. I actu...

Give Me a Little Love

Hello Lovelies!! Today we're going to talk about love and romance in books This is going to be kind of tricky for me because while I love book romances (see what I did there?), I have a hard time articulating things I like and don't like about them. So I think I'm going to split this into two categories: likes and dislikes.  1. Love: Slow-builds. Give me all the scenes where they gently flirt, and smile at each other, and watch each other out of the corner of their eyes.  2. Hate: Moving too quickly. I understand there are only so many pages, and a lot of other things need to happen, but if they met yesterday and they're getting married or exchanging I love yous, it's moving too fast for me. Build in some time!! 3. Love: Meet-cutes! I know lots of people will be like, but how can you love both slow-builds and meet-cutes, and to them, I say, BECAUSE I CAN. But really, if you bump into each other while holding hot coffee, or hold the subway door o...

Oops I Didn't Catch Them All

Hello Lovelies! Another Top Ten Tuesday? On Tuesday? It's almost like it's Winter Break still or something.  This week's theme is... Top Ten 2014 Debuts I Missed Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs:  This novel about a young girl attending a gifted and talented camp seemed to drift under the radar, but I still want to read it.  Avalon by Mindee Arnett : A sci-fi novel that got a lot of press pre-release, but didn't make a big splash afterwards. I want to know if it's as Firefly-esque as the comparisons that were made. Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot: Jamie  really liked this one, and it sounds like a good read! Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang: Multiple perspectives and a heart-wrenching storyline--seems right up my alley. Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid: Most people I know who read this loved it. I just didn't get around to it. Far From You by Tess Sharpe: I saw this on a lot of GLBTQ positive posts, ...