Skip to main content

Spring Means Reading These Outside


Hello Lovelies!! In preparation for the Spring that will hopefully be here soon, this week's Top Ten Tuesday (as always by the Broke and the Bookish) features the top ten books I'm trying to read this Spring. So without further ado, I hope to get these read over the next few months. Hopefully while I'm outside enjoying the sunshine.


Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo: This is the only MG of DiCamillo's which I haven't read yet. I'm actually going to use it for a school paper, so I'll definitely be reading this one within a few weeks.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore: This might be cheating a smidge because I'm technically already reading this one, but I need to finish it! I've been letting it languish for a week or so.

The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes: I snagged a copy of this for free, and I was wanting to read it, so I'm going to make sure I finally get to it!

Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia by Jenny Torres Sanchez: This has been on my TBR for forever, and my wonderful friend Melissa brought me a copy when she moved into my house!!

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz: I started this a little bit ago, but I put it on hold because my book club is reading it in a few months. I'm excited to finally read it. 


How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer: This has been on my TBR for awhile, and I'm determined to finally read it.

Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor: I just read the first two in this series, and I can't wait to see how it ends! Also I have a library copy, so this is definitely at the top of my pile.

Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff: I just snagged a free copy of this which was one of my top 2015 debuts to read, so I'm psyched to rea it.

Guy in Real Life by Steve Brezenoff: This is my book club's next book, and while I'm not like jumping out of my seat to read it, I think it looks pretty good. 

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: This has been on my TBR for a while, and I'm sick of other people telling me how good it is!! I need to read it for myself!!

Are any of these in your Spring TBR pile? What do you have that you think I should read too? Let me know in the comments!



Comments

  1. I just read Winn-Dixie a couple of weeks ago - so heart-warming sweet & hopeful :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hello lovelies. I'm feeling super overwhelmed by life since I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo and trying to move and find a place to live 2600 miles away. So that's my excuse for missing last week. But now you get two weeks in a row. So this week's theme (hosted as always by The Broke and the Bookish ) is... Top Ten Favorite Movies   (And I picked Scary Movies) I have a secret. Or I guess I had a secret. And that secret is that I love  scary movies. Like anything that plays on gross special effects or melting walls or sudden appearances--I'm totally down for it. (This has only back fired on me once--when I had a panic attack watching Saw 2--I don't wanna talk about it...) So in no particular order, movies that really impressed me with their scare factors: 1. Thir13een Ghosts -- there's this scene with a glass door that is ingrained in my brain.  2. Haunting in Conneticut -- aw man, this movie is sooo good. I actu

Why Should I Trust You?

Hello Lovelies!! It's my finals week, so I'm going to make this one quick.  This week's Top Ten Tuesday (by the Broke and the Bookish ) allows us to fill in the blank! So I will be bringing you... The Top Ten Books with Characters Who are Unreliable Narrators (AKA BIG OL' LIARS). I love unreliable narrators because you never know if they're actually being unreliable or not. Occasionally they tell the truth, but occasionally they lie. So here we go... 1. Nothing by Janne Teller 2. Liar by Justine Larbalestier 3. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman 4. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta 5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 6. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 8. The Princess Bride by William Goldman 9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas 10. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Many of these books feature the unreliable characters as side characters and not main charac

More Diversity in Your Book Diet

Hello Lovelies! As usual Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish . Today's topic is Top Ten Books for People Who Like X, and I'm going to go with... Top Ten Books for People Who Like Diversity Thanks to the efforts of groups like We Need Diverse Books, diversity is having a resurgence in young adult and children's books. For the last couple years, I have been trying to read more books with diverse characters or by diverse authors. (Diverse in this respect includes race, sexuality, gender, and disability). I haven't endeavored to challenge myself to only read a certain type of book i.e. only those by women of color or anything that isn't by a white heterosexual male, but I try to be extra aware of the characters and ask myself if they actually are white (sometimes the text doesn't say it, sometimes people just assume it!) and if being white is necessary for the character or not.  But here are my top t