Skip to main content

2015 Statistics Survey

book statstics stats survey

Yes, another survey. I love them so much! And last year Andi and Brittany put this one together but I didn't participate. So this year, I'm giving it a shot!

number of statistics survey

  • Number of books read… 132
    • Under 250 pages (not including novellas): 47
    • Between 400-449 pages: 8
    • Between 450-499 pages: 3
    • Over 500 pages: 17
    • Over 1000 pages: 0
  • Number of…
    • Audiobooks: 0
    • Re-reads: 21
    • DNFs (did not finish): 2
  • Number of books rated…
    • Five Stars: 40
    • One/Two Stars: 22 
  • Number of authors met in 2015: 6
  • Number of book events attended in 2015: 5
  • Number of books you read in one day: 2
  • Number of books that made you cry: 17
  • Number of 2016 books you have on pre-order: 0 (But will eventually do 2 at least)
by the books statistics survey
by the books statistics survey
  • Book read furthest away from home (vacation reads?): (At my parent's house) The Amber Spyglass, The Viscount's Christmas Temptation
  • Book that took you the longest to read: The Shadow Cabinet ( Sorry Maureen!)
  • Book that you personally connected with the most: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
  • Book that made you love the villain: Nimona (who's the villain???)
  • Book you said you’d come back to but still haven’t picked up again: The fourth in the City of Bones books (since like a year and a half ago whoops)
  • Book you read waaaay before it’s publication date: Apparently Bleeding Earth by Kaitlin Ward (it keeps getting pushed back!)
  • Book you read on your birthday: Hunter by Mercedes Lackey or Spinning Starlight by R. C. Lewis
  • Book with a character who shares your name: didn't read any (only know of The Impossible Knife of Memory)
  • Book you weren’t entirely truthful about when rating (Fluff up any ratings? Rated even though you didn’t finish?): Proust and the Squid ( I don't think I read every chapter, we skipped around reading it for class)
  • Book you read in 2015 but already want to re-read: The Daughter of Smoke & Bone series or Visions in Silver
  • Book you borrowed from a friend a long time ago and still have: Cloud Atlas (still haven't read it whoops)
  • Book you wish you could go back and read for the first time again: Any of my rereads from this year (including the one I don't like much).
  • Most books read by one author this year: For rereads, J.K. Rowling. For new (to me) books, Sarah J. Maas
this & that statistics survey
this & that statistics survey
  • Happiest & saddest: Fortunately, the Milk and The Circus Fire
  • Longest & shortest…
    • By page number: Friendship to the Max and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    • By title: Liar/Fade and Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia (not including subtitles) 
    • From buying to reading: The Shadow Cabinet and The Wicked and the Divine
  • Best & worst…
    • Average rating on Goodreads: 3.7
    • Books you read/your rating: Nimona (5 stars) and A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn (1 star)
    • Series enders: Days of Blood & Starlight and Mastiff
  • First & last…
    • Reads of 2015: Ticker by Lisa Mantchev and The Viscount's Christmas Temptation
    • Books on your bookcase (1st book on the top left and last book on the bottom right): awww I'm not at home so I can't see this. Maybe I'll update when I get home.
  • Most disappointing & biggest pleasant surprise: I'll Meet You There and Deerskin
  • Fandom you joined & one you abandoned: Daughter of Smoke and Bone & (I was never in it but...)Fables?
  • Series you picked up & series you quit: Throne of Glass & A Wizard of Earthsea
  • Most lenient & harshest ratings: I can't tell. I feel like I rate according to how I feel so I can't be like oh that was lenient or oh that was harsh.
  • Most hyped & furthest under the radar that you read: Throne of Glass & My Love, My Love by Rosa Guy 
grab bag statistics survey
grab bag statistics survey
  • Book you read that is red: Fire by Kristin Cashore
  • Starts with X, Y, or Z: None!
  • Book you hugged when you finished it: Aristotle and Dante, Vision in Silver or El Deafo
  • Book you wanted to throw across a room: Fade
  • Food you craved while/after reading a certain book: Pizza and suckers (Saint Anything)
  • Book that became an instant go-to recommendation: Nimona
  • Furthest out of your comfort zone: The Radioactive Boy Scout
  • Read on a recommendation (that you may not have picked up yourself):  Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia
  • Forced yourself to finish: A Kiss in Time and Fairest of All (class books booo)
  • Series or author’s works you binged (whether all at once or throughout the year): Daughter of Smoke & Bone and Throne of Glass
Blogging_Life
Blogging_Life
That's it lovelies! Let me know if you did the Statistics Survey too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hello lovelies. I'm feeling super overwhelmed by life since I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo and trying to move and find a place to live 2600 miles away. So that's my excuse for missing last week. But now you get two weeks in a row. So this week's theme (hosted as always by The Broke and the Bookish ) is... Top Ten Favorite Movies   (And I picked Scary Movies) I have a secret. Or I guess I had a secret. And that secret is that I love  scary movies. Like anything that plays on gross special effects or melting walls or sudden appearances--I'm totally down for it. (This has only back fired on me once--when I had a panic attack watching Saw 2--I don't wanna talk about it...) So in no particular order, movies that really impressed me with their scare factors: 1. Thir13een Ghosts -- there's this scene with a glass door that is ingrained in my brain.  2. Haunting in Conneticut -- aw man, this movie is sooo good. I actu

Why Should I Trust You?

Hello Lovelies!! It's my finals week, so I'm going to make this one quick.  This week's Top Ten Tuesday (by the Broke and the Bookish ) allows us to fill in the blank! So I will be bringing you... The Top Ten Books with Characters Who are Unreliable Narrators (AKA BIG OL' LIARS). I love unreliable narrators because you never know if they're actually being unreliable or not. Occasionally they tell the truth, but occasionally they lie. So here we go... 1. Nothing by Janne Teller 2. Liar by Justine Larbalestier 3. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman 4. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta 5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 6. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 8. The Princess Bride by William Goldman 9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas 10. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Many of these books feature the unreliable characters as side characters and not main charac

More Diversity in Your Book Diet

Hello Lovelies! As usual Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish . Today's topic is Top Ten Books for People Who Like X, and I'm going to go with... Top Ten Books for People Who Like Diversity Thanks to the efforts of groups like We Need Diverse Books, diversity is having a resurgence in young adult and children's books. For the last couple years, I have been trying to read more books with diverse characters or by diverse authors. (Diverse in this respect includes race, sexuality, gender, and disability). I haven't endeavored to challenge myself to only read a certain type of book i.e. only those by women of color or anything that isn't by a white heterosexual male, but I try to be extra aware of the characters and ask myself if they actually are white (sometimes the text doesn't say it, sometimes people just assume it!) and if being white is necessary for the character or not.  But here are my top t