Tuesday, January 7, 2014
I apparently pre-empted The Broke and the Bookish on the prompt which was about New Year Resolutions, so I'm going to discuss my top ten goals outside of my blog. (Which to be fair was also an option.)
Alright, here we go.
1. I'm doing a 100 Days Stronger prompt on Instagram that my roommate did over the summer and I started doing with her, but then fell off of. But I am DETERMINED to complete it this time, so it was a resolution. Even though it's only 100 days, it's still long enough to me. I'm not very good at every day things.
2. Which is clearly why my second one is also an every day thing and that's to write every day. So even though a couple days I've only managed to write for fifteen minutes or less or have written less than 100 words, it's nice to focus and work on something daily. And it's less stressful than the month long jaunts of writing I usually do (Camp Nanowrimo or Nanowrimo -- intense).
3. I am applying to Grad school this year. I'm only applying to one school, and I don't need to turn it in for a while yet, but just that decision was a big one, so I'm forcing myself to follow through.
4. My goal is to also compile something writing-wise that I could send to an agent. This is also very nerve-wracking but I'm putting it down here so I feel some sense of accountability.
5. Get certified to teach Oula! Oula is a regional dance-centric exercise class that I fell in love with this last summer, and I really want to get certified so I can take it with me no matter where I end up in the future.
6. Finish Empire's 500 Greatest Films list. I've been working on watching my way through this list for the last like two years, and this year I'm going to finish it.
7. Love myself more. I'm great. I'm beautiful. I'm brilliant. Sometimes other people say things that make me not believe that, but I'm working really hard on reminding myself that I'm fantastic.
8. Get out more! I tend to be a bit of a hermit because I'm most comfortable on my computer in front of the TV, but this year I'm going to try to do things with people. So if you want to hang out, let me know!!
9. Save money -- I am the worst at this, and it's pretty self-explanatory.
10. Create three knitted projects! I just learned how to knit and I am so psyched about it!! I'm loving just the basic knit, but I would also like to learn a few different patterns and crafts.
Let's it! Those are my top ten goals for this year outside of the reading world. What about you? Have any goals this year?