Skip to main content

Hello Lovelies!!

I apparently pre-empted The Broke and the Bookish on the prompt which was about New Year Resolutions, so I'm going to discuss my top ten goals outside of my blog. (Which to be fair was also an option.)

Alright, here we go.

1. I'm doing a 100 Days Stronger prompt on Instagram that my roommate did over the summer and I started doing with her, but then fell off of. But I am DETERMINED to complete it this time, so it was a resolution. Even though it's only 100 days, it's still long enough to me. I'm not very good at every day things.

2. Which is clearly why my second one is also an every day thing and that's to write every day. So even though a couple days I've only managed to write for fifteen minutes or less or have written less than 100 words, it's nice to focus and work on something daily. And it's less stressful than the month long jaunts of writing I usually do (Camp Nanowrimo or Nanowrimo -- intense).

3. I am applying to Grad school this year. I'm only applying to one school, and I don't need to turn it in for a while yet, but just that decision was a big one, so I'm forcing myself to follow through.

4. My goal is to also compile something writing-wise that I could send to an agent. This is also very nerve-wracking but I'm putting it down here so I feel some sense of accountability.

5. Get certified to teach Oula! Oula is a regional dance-centric exercise class that I fell in love with this last summer, and I really want to get certified so I can take it with me no matter where I end up in the future.

6. Finish Empire's 500 Greatest Films list. I've been working on watching my way through this list for the last like two years, and this year I'm going to finish it.

7. Love myself more. I'm great. I'm beautiful. I'm brilliant. Sometimes other people say things that make me not believe that, but I'm working really hard on reminding myself that I'm fantastic.

8. Get out more! I tend to be a bit of a hermit because I'm most comfortable on my computer in front of the TV, but this year I'm going to try to do things with people. So if you want to hang out, let me know!!

9. Save money -- I am the worst at this, and it's pretty self-explanatory.

10. Create three knitted projects! I just learned how to knit and I am so psyched about it!! I'm loving just the basic knit, but I would also like to learn a few different patterns and crafts.

Let's it! Those are my top ten goals for this year outside of the reading world. What about you? Have any goals this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hello lovelies. I'm feeling super overwhelmed by life since I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo and trying to move and find a place to live 2600 miles away. So that's my excuse for missing last week. But now you get two weeks in a row. So this week's theme (hosted as always by The Broke and the Bookish ) is... Top Ten Favorite Movies   (And I picked Scary Movies) I have a secret. Or I guess I had a secret. And that secret is that I love  scary movies. Like anything that plays on gross special effects or melting walls or sudden appearances--I'm totally down for it. (This has only back fired on me once--when I had a panic attack watching Saw 2--I don't wanna talk about it...) So in no particular order, movies that really impressed me with their scare factors: 1. Thir13een Ghosts -- there's this scene with a glass door that is ingrained in my brain.  2. Haunting in Conneticut -- aw man, this movie is sooo good. I actu...

Give Me a Little Love

Hello Lovelies!! Today we're going to talk about love and romance in books This is going to be kind of tricky for me because while I love book romances (see what I did there?), I have a hard time articulating things I like and don't like about them. So I think I'm going to split this into two categories: likes and dislikes.  1. Love: Slow-builds. Give me all the scenes where they gently flirt, and smile at each other, and watch each other out of the corner of their eyes.  2. Hate: Moving too quickly. I understand there are only so many pages, and a lot of other things need to happen, but if they met yesterday and they're getting married or exchanging I love yous, it's moving too fast for me. Build in some time!! 3. Love: Meet-cutes! I know lots of people will be like, but how can you love both slow-builds and meet-cutes, and to them, I say, BECAUSE I CAN. But really, if you bump into each other while holding hot coffee, or hold the subway door o...

Oops I Didn't Catch Them All

Hello Lovelies! Another Top Ten Tuesday? On Tuesday? It's almost like it's Winter Break still or something.  This week's theme is... Top Ten 2014 Debuts I Missed Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs:  This novel about a young girl attending a gifted and talented camp seemed to drift under the radar, but I still want to read it.  Avalon by Mindee Arnett : A sci-fi novel that got a lot of press pre-release, but didn't make a big splash afterwards. I want to know if it's as Firefly-esque as the comparisons that were made. Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot: Jamie  really liked this one, and it sounds like a good read! Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang: Multiple perspectives and a heart-wrenching storyline--seems right up my alley. Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid: Most people I know who read this loved it. I just didn't get around to it. Far From You by Tess Sharpe: I saw this on a lot of GLBTQ positive posts, ...