Skip to main content
Hello Lovelies!!

This week's topic on TTT hosted by The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For! This was a tricky one for me because I don't typically know about debuts before they're released, but I managed to stumble across a few.

1. It's already come out, but I haven't picked it up yet. I'm so excited to read
Look at that cover! It's so fantastic. And the synopsis sounds amazing. Check out the Goodreads here.

2. Landry Park by Bethany Hagen
Seriously just the first line in the description drew me in to that one. Downton Abbey meets The Selection, whaaa????

 Look at that cover!!!!!!!! I don't judge books by their covers (not at alllllllllllllllll) or at least I try really hard not to, but when a book had an awesome cover, it just calls to me. But it also sounds really really beautiful and sad. 


.  Suffragette movements. Debutante balls. Illicit art classes!! I MEAN COME ON. THIS SOUNDS FANTASTIC.

5. Hexed by Michelle Krys
I'm super picky about witch books. Like I either love them or despise them. This definitely looks like it'll be one I'll love.

6. Half Bad by Sally Green 
If Hexed looks like I'll love it, Half Bad looks like I'll adore it.

7. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy

This sounds like exactly what I want out of a contemporary novel. It's a position that I think people always ask themselves about (what would I do if I were dying?) but then to flip that and say, if I did those things and didn't die what would happen? is so much more interesting. I'm really excited to read this.

8. Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington
It's been a while since I've read a really good ghost-based story, and this debut sounds like it'll be amazing.


 Honestly, this one could go one of two ways for me. Since it's about a "gifted and talented" student and camp, I'll either like it for accurately portraying that side of life, or I'll hate it for inaccurately presenting what I'll feel to be my life-story. I'm picky that way. But I'm trying to be optimistic and say this one will be awesome.

10. The Well's End by Seth Fishman 
A deadly virus? A boarding school? A search for a school?? THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD. And another amazing cover, to be honest.

So what do you think? Did I give you any good ideas? What debuts are you looking forward to?? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. Great list! Side Effects May Vary looks so good, I can't wait for that one. There are so many great books coming out in 2014, I don't know how I'll find the time to read them all. I hope you manage to read all of these :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hello lovelies. I'm feeling super overwhelmed by life since I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo and trying to move and find a place to live 2600 miles away. So that's my excuse for missing last week. But now you get two weeks in a row. So this week's theme (hosted as always by The Broke and the Bookish ) is... Top Ten Favorite Movies   (And I picked Scary Movies) I have a secret. Or I guess I had a secret. And that secret is that I love  scary movies. Like anything that plays on gross special effects or melting walls or sudden appearances--I'm totally down for it. (This has only back fired on me once--when I had a panic attack watching Saw 2--I don't wanna talk about it...) So in no particular order, movies that really impressed me with their scare factors: 1. Thir13een Ghosts -- there's this scene with a glass door that is ingrained in my brain.  2. Haunting in Conneticut -- aw man, this movie is sooo good. I actu

Why Should I Trust You?

Hello Lovelies!! It's my finals week, so I'm going to make this one quick.  This week's Top Ten Tuesday (by the Broke and the Bookish ) allows us to fill in the blank! So I will be bringing you... The Top Ten Books with Characters Who are Unreliable Narrators (AKA BIG OL' LIARS). I love unreliable narrators because you never know if they're actually being unreliable or not. Occasionally they tell the truth, but occasionally they lie. So here we go... 1. Nothing by Janne Teller 2. Liar by Justine Larbalestier 3. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman 4. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta 5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 6. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 8. The Princess Bride by William Goldman 9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas 10. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Many of these books feature the unreliable characters as side characters and not main charac

More Diversity in Your Book Diet

Hello Lovelies! As usual Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish . Today's topic is Top Ten Books for People Who Like X, and I'm going to go with... Top Ten Books for People Who Like Diversity Thanks to the efforts of groups like We Need Diverse Books, diversity is having a resurgence in young adult and children's books. For the last couple years, I have been trying to read more books with diverse characters or by diverse authors. (Diverse in this respect includes race, sexuality, gender, and disability). I haven't endeavored to challenge myself to only read a certain type of book i.e. only those by women of color or anything that isn't by a white heterosexual male, but I try to be extra aware of the characters and ask myself if they actually are white (sometimes the text doesn't say it, sometimes people just assume it!) and if being white is necessary for the character or not.  But here are my top t