I just realized that by this time next week we'll be starting month 6 of 2014 aka the beginning of the half way point!
It's insane. I can't believe 2014 has gone by so quickly. I mean, part of that is preparing for the biggest move of my life but I don't even know. 2014 is just clipping along. But I thought I would take a moment to check in with myself and my blogging goals for the year. I know I haven't been hitting all of them, and I'm hoping taking this time to remind myself will encourage me to jump back on my goal train.
So here's my original post if you'd like to see what I'm referring to.
1. Commenting hasn't been going super well. I definitely read a lot of other blogs, but my commenting needs to get back up. Something for me to keep in mind.
2. I haven't done much design work. I have several saved ideas, but I haven't actually done anything. I need to work on that.
3. I've failed pretty spectacularly at this. It was a goal to blog more outside of reviews and including reviews I've hit 3 posts a week, but outside of that, eeeeep. usually just one: top ten tuesdays. And I even missed that for several weeks.
4. Wow! I've actually hit this goal! I've already finished three series this year which is slightly unexpected: Chaos Walking, The Dragons of Blueland, and The Selection.
5. So far I've read 53 books this year according to my goodreads, so I'm well on my way to reading 100 this year!
6. I've fallen really behind on this goal since I've read 26 new books to my 18 previously owned books and 9 borrowed books. I'm going to try to get back on this goal.
7. I did this! I read four books in a week.
8. My little followers notification on blogger still says 0 but I usually have at least two hits per post, so I think I have two followers out there somewhere. HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!! THANK YOU!!
9. I've reread two books: Mansfield Park and The Wanderer. 3 to go!
10. Pare down book owning is somewhat successful. I just brought in another two bags to the used book store, but I left with a bag too, so y'know it's a process.
11. Read a classic a month: well, I've read 5 classics so far, so even if it wasn't 1 per month, it's totaled the same for now.
So not too shabby! I definitely have some work to do, but I've already successfully completed two of eleven goals!
How are you guys doing with your goals, lovelies? Leave me a note in the comments!